Why Use a Face Toner?
Level Up Your Glow: Why Face Toner is a Skincare Weapon
Face toners offer extra hydration while keeping your face clean and refreshed. They also calm your skin and make your face look great. Wondering whether you need to use a face toner in your beauty regimen? This article will provide an explanation of facial toner and its benefits in a skincare routine.
What is a Face Toner?
A face toner is a liquid moisturizer for replenishing your skin. It is used after cleansing as you prep for other products in a beauty regimen. The main ingredients include Hydrogen, Oxygen and vitamins that help to keep the skin in good condition and look its best. Other ingredients may include anti-inflammatories, antioxidants, and acids like Niacinamide and Salicylic Acid.
K-Beauty facial toners are particularly helpful. They contain additional ingredients like hyaluronic acid and mineral water that further nourish the skin. Other ingredients like kelp extract, amino acids, and carrot root oil in Korean facial toners help in fighting acne-causing bacteria and breakouts. Toners from top Koren skincare brands also contain extracts like chamomile and propolis that naturally keep bacteria at bay while preserving the skin’s pH.
How to Use a Face Toner
A face toner protects the skin while giving it an extra-deep clean. It removes any dirt and impurities that may have been stuck in the pores. It then seals up the clean pores to protect your complexion against environmental stressors.
Using a face toner is relatively easy. Soak a cotton ball with the face toner. Then, gently sweep it across your skin after washing your face, and before using a moisturizer or serum. Make sure to swipe the cotton over to the neck and chest as well for the best result. You may also put a few drops of the face toner into the palms of your hands and just press them into your face.
Benefits of Using a Face Toner
Face toners are formulated to gently refresh the skin without stripping it of moisture. They infuse your skin with important nutrients, making sure it is ready for other products or makeup. A typical face toner:
- Balances the skin after cleansing: Cleansers often strip off your skin nutrients and leave it dry. Applying a facial toner helps to restore the balance through hydration and prevent it from feeling dry.
- Refreshes the skin: Using a toner in the morning or late at night before bed helps to refresh the skin.
- Protects the skin: Facial toners help to seal up the pores after cleansing, offering better protection to your complexion against environmental stressors.
- Removes oil and makeup: Face toners are effective in breaking excess dirt and impurities that may still be blocking your pores after cleansing.
- Soothes the skin: Most facial toners create a calming sensation on the skin, and can be used to remove temporary redness and discomfort.
- Improves the effectiveness of other products: Toners can help your skin absorb products better by balancing the pH level and improving the overall performance of these products.
When To Use a Face Toner
A facial toner should be your second step in your skincare routine after a cleaner in the morning and evening. Using the two products this way gives you a base layer before you can apply anything else. This also serves to prep and prime your skin for what you are about to do or apply.
When you tone your skin before applying a treatment or exfoliating, you are introducing additional vitamins and nourishment to your skin. This gives you longer-lasting results and ensures that your skin is always looking great. To give your skin that extra care, try following this simple formula:
- Remove any makeup before cleansing your face
- Apply face toner
- Exfoliate once or twice a week and rinse
- Apply any treatment you may be using
- Moisturize and leave to soak in
Who should use a face toner? Literally, everyone can benefit from adding a toner to their skincare routine. You may find it even more beneficial if you have an oily skin or prone to acne. Those who wear makeup often may also benefit from a toner as it goes the extra mile in cleaning out and closing up pores.
Face Toners From Top Korean Skincare Brands
Just like all other skincare products, the key to the best results is choosing something that fits your skin products. Shop Palace Beauty offers a wide range of facial toners from top Korean skincare brands. The range of toners available is carefully formulated to suit different tastes and skin types. Furthermore, the K-Beauty toners are known to be rich in ingredients that hydrate the skin and will give you the results desired.